Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Summer Recap

Labor Day has become a distant memory. Temperatures have dropped. Leaves are falling. It's past due to say goodbye to summer 2006.

Making Lemonade

Our car became a lemon and had several trips to the dealer. It even left us stranded a few times. The day I had to call the tow truck pushed me to the edge. But then I tried to a postive spin on the situation. Let's make lemonade out of this lemon! So instead of continuing in my pout, I enjoyed Chas having a little boy thrill of watching the tow truck driver manipulate and secure our car on his truck.



Refining Skills or Learning New Ones

Madison had her tennis lessons and Chas had his swimming,


and we all learned to play golf.


Chas is able to keep the ball in play. Madison and I had our first par on the same hole at the same time on August 26. We recently played our first 9 holes. I think I'm hooked!

Vacation and Friends

It just so happened dear friends were vacationing at the same time in the same area. It was a blessing to be able to spend time with each other.

Alex and I also celebrated our 15th anniversary. He surprised me with an evening alone watching the sunset on the beach, having dinner at a quaint bed and breakfast, and a new golf shirt. May not play well (yet!) but at least I'm looking the part of a golfer.

Starlight Cafe

The thrill of the summer was a surprise date with hubby. The kids and I decorated our deck with white lights, flowers, and a star viewing area. Madison named it, Starlight Cafe and even made a sign. We picked out a couple of CD's to play (Natalie Cole and Aaron Neville) and grilled out. Dancing under the starlight and watching for shooting stars..... (smiles).

The next night we enjoyed the cafe as a family.

"When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. " Psalm 8:3-5