Monday, May 07, 2007

Heaven Sent

The bully came back for a visit.

Maybe you know this bully. It's the one who taunts you with your fears, your failures, and your insecurities. He repeats in your mind any hurtful and cutting words which have been said or implied from the past. The longer he is allowed to whisper, the more you begin to believe him. He becomes bolder, you cower back. Then it becomes harder and harder to gain strength to push the bully out.

I was not up for this visit. I knew I was too weak and tired. I implored the Lord to carry me.

As the kids and I were leaving the neighborhood that day to run errands, a delivery truck passed. I slowed down slightly so I could watch it from my rearview mirror. I was thinking, it sure would feel good to get flowers today. But it didn't stop at our house.

A few hours later when we got back home, Chas immediately jumped out of the car and ran straight to the front yard. By the time I was in the house, the doorbell rang. When I opened the door, there was Chas holding a handful of flowers for me from our yard.

It was a special delivery sent to me from Heaven.

"The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and he delivers them." Psalm 34:7