Shades of Grey
There's been so much growing and evolving going on for me. It's been so intense I've been hesistant to be bold enough to solidify thoughts in black and white.
Because you know what? It seems life is not as black and white, right or wrong, cut and dry, as I had very much thought it was. Don't get me wrong, I am not turning my back on the absolutes of Scripture and sin. No, I'm learning sometimes, well, all the time, I need discernment. I don't see the whole picture, the entire circumstances, the thoughts and attitudes involved. My response to life and relationships is based on my very limited and distorted observations and knowledge. So speaking out or holding my tongue, responding or waiting, etc., there's no clear cut right or wrong. Only the Father knows what response is called for. I'm learning every moment, though I may not recognize it, I need His discernment.
Which leads me to what I am also learning. Since He alone knows what my response should be, assessing my response by others' reactions, is off too. It is so much easier to place blame, rather than honestly assessing oneself. So when someones' response to me is anger, hostility, or retaliation, doesn't necessarily mean I was not being obedient to the Spirit.
My conclusion: I need Him ALL THE TIME! More than I had ever imagined.
"Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances." Proverbs 25:11
Because you know what? It seems life is not as black and white, right or wrong, cut and dry, as I had very much thought it was. Don't get me wrong, I am not turning my back on the absolutes of Scripture and sin. No, I'm learning sometimes, well, all the time, I need discernment. I don't see the whole picture, the entire circumstances, the thoughts and attitudes involved. My response to life and relationships is based on my very limited and distorted observations and knowledge. So speaking out or holding my tongue, responding or waiting, etc., there's no clear cut right or wrong. Only the Father knows what response is called for. I'm learning every moment, though I may not recognize it, I need His discernment.
Which leads me to what I am also learning. Since He alone knows what my response should be, assessing my response by others' reactions, is off too. It is so much easier to place blame, rather than honestly assessing oneself. So when someones' response to me is anger, hostility, or retaliation, doesn't necessarily mean I was not being obedient to the Spirit.
My conclusion: I need Him ALL THE TIME! More than I had ever imagined.
"Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word spoken in right circumstances." Proverbs 25:11


<< Home