Saturday, January 01, 2005

Wrapping up Christmas

"For today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11

To help Chas understand about Christmas this year, I referred to it as "Jesus' birthday". We have made it a tradition to start Christmas day with singing Happy Birthday and having a cake with candles for Him.

I think Chas got it. He has referred to his gifts as "This is what I got for Jesus' birthday," long after the day came and went. Poor thing didn't know what to say when asked, "What did Santa Claus bring you?"

For the first time, Madison had the honor of decorating the cake.
I liked what she did with it. :D

We also celebrated with Alex's and my family separately. The highlight was the children riding 4-wheelers at PawPaw and Nana's.



They were even recruited for firewood duty.