My Heart is Heavy....
Today, a judge will again determine whether Terri Schiavo, who over a decade ago had a "collapse" which left her unable to communicate, should die by dehydration and starvation at the request of her "husband". Her nutrients are provided via a tube, a common form of feeding someone who is unable to swallow due to such things as head and neck cancer or paralysis.
Her "husband" claims she would not want to live like this. His actions suggest another motive. After winning a malpractice suit against Terri's doctors, her "husband" has withdrawn all medical treatment and rehabilitation to Terri, killed her cats, melted down the wedding band, and fathered two children by another woman. (Why does anyone have to dig for this information?)
Terri's parents have been at her side, fighting for guardianship which her "husband" will not relinquish so she can get the care she needs. They believe she may improve with treatment. But who would know? Her "husband" has not allow it. And with Sara Scantlin suddenly speaking and communicationing after 20 years of silence while in a "vegetative state", who really knows?
I am ashamed to say, there was a point in my life when I would have said Terri's life is not worth living, too costly, too much of a burden. But that was before Jesus changed my heart and mind, before I worked in the medical field, and before Madison had a precious friend who happens to have Down's Syndrome.
Every innocent life is precious....every single one.
"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13,14
Her "husband" claims she would not want to live like this. His actions suggest another motive. After winning a malpractice suit against Terri's doctors, her "husband" has withdrawn all medical treatment and rehabilitation to Terri, killed her cats, melted down the wedding band, and fathered two children by another woman. (Why does anyone have to dig for this information?)
Terri's parents have been at her side, fighting for guardianship which her "husband" will not relinquish so she can get the care she needs. They believe she may improve with treatment. But who would know? Her "husband" has not allow it. And with Sara Scantlin suddenly speaking and communicationing after 20 years of silence while in a "vegetative state", who really knows?
I am ashamed to say, there was a point in my life when I would have said Terri's life is not worth living, too costly, too much of a burden. But that was before Jesus changed my heart and mind, before I worked in the medical field, and before Madison had a precious friend who happens to have Down's Syndrome.
Every innocent life is precious....every single one.
"You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Psalm 139:13,14


<< Home