Riding or walking?
"So Jesus said to them, 'For a little longer the Light is among you. Walk while you have the Light so that darkness will not overtake you; he who walks in the darkness does not know where he goes.' " John 12:35
How most people go through life reminds me of the moving walkways at the airport. We get on a track in our lives and ride it to where ever it is going, just like everyone else, headed somewhere brainlessly. Doing whatever everyone around us are doing on our chosen track, without questioning if it is should even be done. It can be the Christian track, or the career track, or the materialism track, or the serve others track, or please myself track, etc. Surround yourself with those on the same track and just ride.
How most people go through life reminds me of the moving walkways at the airport. We get on a track in our lives and ride it to where ever it is going, just like everyone else, headed somewhere brainlessly. Doing whatever everyone around us are doing on our chosen track, without questioning if it is should even be done. It can be the Christian track, or the career track, or the materialism track, or the serve others track, or please myself track, etc. Surround yourself with those on the same track and just ride.
Stepping on a moving walkway is not walking in the Light. It is not seeking Him for every step and turn. It is harder to walk in the Light. I trip and and I even fall, especially when I take my eyes off the Light. I am mocked and questioned because I am not moving along the track as others expect of me. But my faith, dependence and love of my Lord is strengthened. And my hope and prayer is my family and I will bring glory and honor to Him.


<< Home