My Little Homemaker
One of the great things about homeschooling is it affords us the time to teach the children life skills. Madison has reached a point where her skills are becoming a great asset to the family. Here's a few things she is learning.
Cooking
Wednesday is Madison's day to help in the kitchen. We both like to work independently so usually she is given a portion of the meal to prepare or a simple recipe to follow while I am nearby. Some of the things she has made is poppyseed chicken, strawberry lemonade, white bbq sauce, and chocolate cookies. Her last poppyseed chicken was better than mine.
Sewing
We took a few mother-daughter classes this summer. We moms were there to guide and direct. She learned how to read and cut a pattern, machine sewing, and how to sew a zipper. Okay, I learned how to sew a zipper too.

Tote with matching zippered bag

Another tote. We worked on this one together.

Sewn skirt
Nursemaid
She comes by this attribute naturally. As an example, I was sick with a headache this week and she rubbed my temples until I fell asleep. Such a sweetie!
Cooking
Wednesday is Madison's day to help in the kitchen. We both like to work independently so usually she is given a portion of the meal to prepare or a simple recipe to follow while I am nearby. Some of the things she has made is poppyseed chicken, strawberry lemonade, white bbq sauce, and chocolate cookies. Her last poppyseed chicken was better than mine.
Sewing
We took a few mother-daughter classes this summer. We moms were there to guide and direct. She learned how to read and cut a pattern, machine sewing, and how to sew a zipper. Okay, I learned how to sew a zipper too.

Tote with matching zippered bag


Another tote. We worked on this one together.


Sewn skirt

Nursemaid
She comes by this attribute naturally. As an example, I was sick with a headache this week and she rubbed my temples until I fell asleep. Such a sweetie!


<< Home