On My Nightstand
The stack of books has grown. Here's what I am reading.
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
There has been a buzz about this book which finally made its way into my sphere. Curiosity got the best of me, picked it up and glad I did. Now I am reading it again. One friend read it simply for its entertainment value, but it affected me more deeply. It helped me to understand better the love Jesus showed the unlovable and gave me hope that perhaps I can, in some way, love the way He does.
For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
Wonder how a man thinks and what makes him tick? Through interviews and questionnaires, the author discovers what men are afraid to share. Knowing can help you love and appreciate your husband even more.
Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl
Yes, I have listed this book before, but I am reading it again. It may be a difficult pill to swallow in this feminist age, but a wife being a helper to her husband follows Scripture. Personally, I find the more I conform to the Lord, the more blessed my marriage becomes. For Women Only even reconfirms the overall message of this book.
New American Standard Version Bible and The Book-at-a Time Reading Plan
It is with sorrow I admit I have started many a new year with great plans to read through the Bible, but I never seem to make it to February without getting so far behind I give up. This year, with this particular reading plan, I am keeping up and not getting overwhelmed. There are 6 readings per week for 4 weeks which allows for a few days to catch up if necessary. I find the flow is better for me when reading a book at a time rather than jumping around to various passages.
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2
Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
There has been a buzz about this book which finally made its way into my sphere. Curiosity got the best of me, picked it up and glad I did. Now I am reading it again. One friend read it simply for its entertainment value, but it affected me more deeply. It helped me to understand better the love Jesus showed the unlovable and gave me hope that perhaps I can, in some way, love the way He does.
For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
Wonder how a man thinks and what makes him tick? Through interviews and questionnaires, the author discovers what men are afraid to share. Knowing can help you love and appreciate your husband even more.
Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl
Yes, I have listed this book before, but I am reading it again. It may be a difficult pill to swallow in this feminist age, but a wife being a helper to her husband follows Scripture. Personally, I find the more I conform to the Lord, the more blessed my marriage becomes. For Women Only even reconfirms the overall message of this book.
New American Standard Version Bible and The Book-at-a Time Reading Plan
It is with sorrow I admit I have started many a new year with great plans to read through the Bible, but I never seem to make it to February without getting so far behind I give up. This year, with this particular reading plan, I am keeping up and not getting overwhelmed. There are 6 readings per week for 4 weeks which allows for a few days to catch up if necessary. I find the flow is better for me when reading a book at a time rather than jumping around to various passages.
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2


<< Home