Quest for Perfection
Are we not constantly barraged with the need to look young, perfect and beautiful? This one has sent my fingers flying: Celebrity CEO's Get Nipped & Tucked, a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon gives makeover advise so the named CEO's can compete with younger men. Who do they think they are kidding? Warren Buffet's looks played a factor in his accrued wealth? And some younger, attractive man is about to dethrone him based on his outward appearance? Yeah, right!
The world would have you believe youth and beauty are of utmost importance. As I have matured I have recognized true beauty comes from within. Find a beautiful woman then discover she is filled with bitterness and anger. Her beauty is now undone. The opposite is also true. Find a woman who has aged before her time, but she has joy and peace. She will be considered lovely.
Nearing forty, I would no longer be considered youthful. And beauty? Well, there have always been others more beautiful around. From time to time someone will suggest some treatment or process to smooth my wrinkles or erase the effects of sun damage and hormones. I hate to admit, it makes me self conscience. But then I remember, those who love me don't notice. They could care less about my aged hands, my crows feet, and my splotchy skin.
There was a time when I too, spent far too much time and thought on my outward appearance and did not consider what was inside. All my efforts to be attractive would eventually be in vain. But He has made my quest for perfection to be from within rather than from without.
The world would have you believe youth and beauty are of utmost importance. As I have matured I have recognized true beauty comes from within. Find a beautiful woman then discover she is filled with bitterness and anger. Her beauty is now undone. The opposite is also true. Find a woman who has aged before her time, but she has joy and peace. She will be considered lovely.
Nearing forty, I would no longer be considered youthful. And beauty? Well, there have always been others more beautiful around. From time to time someone will suggest some treatment or process to smooth my wrinkles or erase the effects of sun damage and hormones. I hate to admit, it makes me self conscience. But then I remember, those who love me don't notice. They could care less about my aged hands, my crows feet, and my splotchy skin.
There was a time when I too, spent far too much time and thought on my outward appearance and did not consider what was inside. All my efforts to be attractive would eventually be in vain. But He has made my quest for perfection to be from within rather than from without.
"But the LORD said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.' " 1 Samuel 16:7


<< Home