Unexpected Companion
Saturdays are my get out of the house and have a couple of hours to myself day, if at all possible. I mostly piddle at TJMaxx and maybe run a few errands if needed. I enjoy my thoughts not being interrupted and listening to something other than kiddie songs on my CD player. I am sure other moms out there can relate. *wink*
Today, as I was about to head out, Madison asked to join me. She is not much for shopping, so I was surprised but glad to have some one on one time with her.
We ran an errand for Chas' upcoming birthday, shopped for clothes for each other, grabbed an Auntie Anne's pretzel for lunch, and played slug bug while on the road (by the way, we play with points, not slugs and I beat her when I spotted a Charlie Horse, VW van, which is worth 5pts!). It was an enjoyable day.
While we were walking together, I noticed when she reached out to hold my hand (*I love that she still does that!) I am not holding the hand of a little girl anymore. That tiny little hand has changed. It is the hand of a budding young lady.
Sigh! It all goes by so quickly. I try to be so careful to enjoy every stage because once it is gone, it is gone forever. So I am very grateful to have had an unexpected companion with me today. She is one of the most precious people I have ever met.
Today, as I was about to head out, Madison asked to join me. She is not much for shopping, so I was surprised but glad to have some one on one time with her.
We ran an errand for Chas' upcoming birthday, shopped for clothes for each other, grabbed an Auntie Anne's pretzel for lunch, and played slug bug while on the road (by the way, we play with points, not slugs and I beat her when I spotted a Charlie Horse, VW van, which is worth 5pts!). It was an enjoyable day.
While we were walking together, I noticed when she reached out to hold my hand (*I love that she still does that!) I am not holding the hand of a little girl anymore. That tiny little hand has changed. It is the hand of a budding young lady.
Sigh! It all goes by so quickly. I try to be so careful to enjoy every stage because once it is gone, it is gone forever. So I am very grateful to have had an unexpected companion with me today. She is one of the most precious people I have ever met.


<< Home