Monday, November 22, 2004

Hard Fighting Soldier

"Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

The Auburn football team started something new this year. After singing the Auburn fight song, those in the locker room, link arms and sing this song with heart and gusto.


Hard Fighting Soldier


I am a hard fighting soldier, on the battlefield.
I am a hard fighting soldier, on the battlefield.
I am a hard fighting soldier, on the battlefield.
I keep on bringin souls to Jesus,
By the service that I give.

You gotta walk right, talk right, sing right, pray right, on the battlefield.
You gotta walk right, talk right, sing right, pray right, on the battlefield.
You gotta walk right, talk right, sing right, pray right, on the battlefield.
I keep on bringin souls to Jesus,
By the service that I give.

I am a hard fighting soldier, on the battlefield.
I am a hard fighting soldier, on the battlefield.
I am a hard fighting soldier, on the battlefield.
I keep on bringin souls to Jesus,
I keep bringin souls to Jesus,
We keep bringin souls to Jesus,
By the service that we give.


I heard the team is hoping the fans will catch on and sing it from the stands, arms linked together and swaying, as the band plays along. Won't that be a sight to see and hear!

I'll teach this one to My Solgent so he will know who he is fighting for. *wink*