Monday, November 15, 2004

Supernaturalist??

"God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. God blessed them; and God said to them, 'Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.' " Genesis 1:27,28


Maggie Ann
dropped in and asked a great question - What is a supernaturalist? (I was hoping someone would ask. *wink*) Here's my long winded explanation of why I added it to my "About Me".


Recently, I heard a college professor speaking on the truth of the public school agenda. He tagged installing the public school system in our country as a watershed event, a major turning point. The agenda, in setting up the public school, was to remove the Protestant schools. This, in turn, would diminish Protestant influence over the children and eventually over the nation. Slowly, over time, you must admit, they have made major strides.

In recent years, the public school has indoctrinated children with a new religion, environmentalism. Sounds like a responsible world view, but in reality, environmentalism is a form of naturalism. Webster's dictionary defines naturalism as, "the doctrine that scientific laws are adequate to account for all phenomena." Naturalism assumes nature is all there is and works on its own accord.

In this world view, nature and humans are on the same level and absent of a god. Reminds me of a pair of bumper stickers I saw on a vehicle a few weeks ago. The first one read, "Animals Have Rights" and directly below it, "Pro Child, Pro Choice." I don't think I even need to argue how upside down that is.

From Noah Webster's 1828 dictionary, supernatural is defined as, "Being beyond or exceeding the powers or laws of nature; miraculous. A supernatural event is one which is not produced according to the ordinary or established laws of natural things. Supernatural events or miracles can be produced only by the immediate agency of divine power."

Therefore, I am a supernaturalist. I recognize a divine power, The Divine Power, who is ultimately in charge.